Victoria offers two formats: Presentation or Informal Chat
Victoria’s presentations are 45 minutes long and offer an optional Q&A portion for an additional 15 minutes. If you have a shorter time frame available, Victoria’s speech length and focus can be customized to suit your agenda. Just let us know your needs when you inquire.
Notes from the Bathroom Floor: Lessons Learned from a Fearful Warrior
Join us to hear from Victoria Jackson – cosmetics pioneer, National Women’s Hall of Fame inductee and entrepreneur turned ‘mom on a mission’ – as she shares her unexpected journey filled with euphoric highs and crushing lows– all linked by an unstoppable will to keep going, no matter what. Victoria’s extraordinary story of life reinvention offers hope and humor in equal measure. Victoria shares joys and disasters from her non-traditional life which led to the creation of her $600 million dollar cosmetics brand, meeting her husband Bill Guthy and becoming a mother. She candidly relates how fear has played a starring role as both a paralyzing and galvanizing force — starting in childhood and evolving as she became an adult, a business woman, a spouse and a mom with a bold vision for her daughter.
If you’ve ever felt like the underdog – with the deck stacked against you in any setting – at home, at the office, anywhere – you will recognize yourself in Victoria’s against all odds journey. With vulnerability and transparency, Victoria offers practical advice and activates you to embrace your own rare qualities and create a deeply personal toolkit for thriving amidst life’s inevitable twists and turns. With the candor of a confidante, Victoria helps clarify what YOU can do when you are sitting on the bathroom floor facing that inevitable detour. You’ll examine your perceived weaknesses and vulnerabilities and reconsider them as unique advantages — and take your place as a uniquely equipped warrior, ready to embrace your challenges head on.
The Power of Rare: A Blueprint for Leading Your Own Revolution
(based on Victoria’s most recent book, The Power of Rare: A Blueprint for a Medical Revolution)
Are you facing a challenge – at work or at home – that feels insurmountable? Perhaps your industry is rattled by massive disruption, your company is facing an uncertain future and you’ve realized it is time for you to become your own hero. To blaze a path for yourself, you must tap into your unique and rare qualities – your Power of Rare – to create your own personal revolution. All revolutions begin within the hearts and minds of individuals like you, someone who will not accept the status quo. Join us to hear from a fellow revolutionary – someone who grappled with incredibly long odds and persevered. She will teach you what she learned in the process – so that you, too, can face the unfaceable, break your impossibly large goals into manageable pieces, and flatten the barriers to your success.
In 2008, Victoria Jackson was on top of the world. She was nearly two decades into running Victoria Jackson Cosmetics, married to infomercial marketing pioneer Bill Guthy and the mother of three great kids. After the onset of some unusual symptoms in her 14 year old daughter, Victoria found herself living every parent’s worst nightmare and began a desperate bid to save her daughter’s life. With raw emotion, humor, warmth, and candor, Victoria shares the extraordinary path they took together, discusses how the power of love transcends our greatest fears, and offers wisdom on how to face seemingly insurmountable odds.
While in the pursuit of a cure for Ali, Victoria created a unique methodology for tackling the impossible. Through road-tested lessons that increase your odds of success in your seemingly unwinnable battles, her message offers hope, practical tools and real-world advice. Victoria will help you tap into your “Power of Rare” — to empower personal and professional breakthroughs.
Though the process can be painful, scary, and frustrating – the momentum you create after smaller wins lead to bigger wins will make your revolutionary journey worth it.Victoria’s guiding philosophy is that if she can do it, anyone can. Join us to hear how.
Informal Chat Format
Victoria offers a highly personalized 60 minute ‘chat’ between herself and your chosen moderator. Victoria and a contact from the your organization will brainstorm a customized list of 20-25 thought-provoking questions that exactly address the needs of your audience.
• What do your attendees most want to know?
• What insights or topics will they find deeply useful and inspiring?
• What have they always wanted to understand, but have been afraid to ask?
Victoria is candid, funny, warm and open in her answers. A sample list of topical areas is below – but feel free to approach us with your ideas, too. Victoria is happy to consider them.
Victoria’s broad personal and professional experiences provide a wealth of wisdom in the areas of:
• Writing your unique success story
• Why veering off the beaten path can create the most incredible opportunities
• Confidence building and how it is a life-long process
• Know thyself: The only true path to happiness
• Balancing the myriad of roles you have in life and being kind to yourself when you can’t do it all…at least not all at the same time
• Channeling your energy from despair to productivity in the face of heartbreaking news
• How confidence begins with liking who you see in the mirror
• Recognizing that everyone struggles with self-doubt, fear, & anxiety – Victoria can share stories of some incredible opportunities she missed due to these limitations – and how she learns from it each time it happens
• Full circle moments and why they are crucial to building the next generation of kind and accomplished leaders
• Why a lack of formal education is not a barrier to success and a happy life
• The bond between a mother and her children and, in particular, in the face of a gut-wrenching diagnosis
• Cultivating your personal brand
• The ‘beauty’ of having no experience
• Accomplishing seemingly impossible goals
• Bootstrapping your dreams
• Focusing on ‘meaning’ vs. ‘money’ as a path to success
• How research into rare disease is unlocking the secrets of all autoimmune disorders
• How a new model for medical research has accelerated progress toward a cure for Neuromyelitis Optica (NMO)
• Enhancing collaboration and cooperation among ‘would be’ competitors
• Building a world-class research foundation in record time
• Applying the lessons learned in the business world to the funding and sharing of world-class medical research
Victoria’s appearances are a perfect fit if your audience is facing big changes at work or at home – and wondering what to do. Victoria’s wisdom offers reassurance and courage to those who:
• face a promotion, termination, layoff, retirement or a brand-new career
• feel like the underdog or odd person out – due to lack of education, connections, industry knowledge or funding
• encounter a seismic shift in their industry or the future of their business
• are undergoing a massive personal change – due to a health crisis, a life shift or a role shift
• have had a close call that caused them to re-evaluate their life and its trajectory
Victoria’s insights resonate deeply with those
• Undergoing a dramatic personal or professional change – and who are eager to manage the transition with grace, humor and personal strength.
• Open to serendipity, who want to tap into their gut intuition more deeply, say ‘Yes’ to opportunities more often and tap into their own “Power of Rare.”
• With an entrepreneur’s heart – who long to transform those dreams into reality, but worry they don’t have what it takes, aren’t ready, or can’t compete for any reason.
• Trying to balance a myriad of conflicting roles and need a boost of confidence they are doing just fine.